Oil plays a vital role in lubricating the components that are inside of a car’s engine. Without proper lubrication, the parts will start to wear down causing the automobile to stop operating. If neglected for too long, what could have been an affordable oil change can result in the high-cost of replacing the engine. A vehicle should have the oil changed every 5,000 miles or every 3-months unless you spend a substantial amount of time driving which could require the oil to be changed every 3,000 miles. While this is the rule of thumb for having oil changes in Moline IL area, there are a few signs you can look for to know its time to change the oil in your vehicle.
Signs to Look For
- You notice smoke coming from the exhaust system of the vehicle. This can be a sign of a possible leak that needs to be repaired.
- Oil changes in Moline, IL should be performed immediately if the check engine or oil light comes on in your car.
- You notice a knocking sound coming from the engine when running.
- Oil can be smelled inside of your vehicle is a good indication it needs to be changed or a leak is forming.
- If the oil is dirty or dark when you check the fluid in your vehicle is a sign the oil needs to be changed.
Maintain the Health of Your Auto
From routine maintenance to repair services, Bi-State Auto Service Center is your one-stop-shop for all your auto needs. For over 40 years, their skilled and certified technicians have provided the dependable services their customers rely on. Whether you need the oil changed in your vehicle or suspect another problem, they can help find the right solution you need at a reasonable price.